GranuTools, is a company that improves powder understanding by delivering leading edge physical characterization tools.
“All we do is powder flow characterization”
A set of complementary tools
Combining decades of experience in scientific instrumentation with fundamental research on powders characterization, we offer a unique set of complementary instruments for granular materials characterization.
Named after their purpose, our instruments are tools to understand macroscopic behavior of powders.
GranuFlow for flow, GranuHeap for static cohesion, GranuDrum for dynamic cohesion, GranuPack for tapped density and GranuCharge for triboelectric charge measurements are designed with the following in mind:
PRECISE & REPEATABLE
NO OPERATOR DEPENDENCY
ROBUST & EASY TO USE
All instruments can be used in a variety of settings and industries. With a solid installed base, we serve customers who are leader in their field such as pharma, food and materials; from production to the lab. Granutools is engaging with distributors to serve customers in a wide range of industries.
Our instruments provide measurements correlated with production processes, system quality control or optimization of the storage conditions. Measurements collected reflect complexities of the physicochemical and rheological properties of the particulate and granules substances as well of nature: ceramic, metal, polymer, pharmaceutical or food.
Our approach is fact based, original and relevant. Our measurables are easy to interpret and relies on the physics of powders. We work on mainly on flowability, cohesion, compaction and electrification of powders.
Our ambition is to help you to better understand the rheological, flow and shear behaviors of your powders, nanopowders or granular materials, to understand the part brought by their environment (temperature, moisture, relative humidity…) and thus to facilitate their implementations and applications.
Our tools have been developed to help you to answer the following questions:
- What are the flow properties of your powder, nanopowder or granular material?
- How will your powder, granular material or nanpowders work after processes, pre- and post-treatments? Like exposure to moisture or heat, effect of storage and mixture.
- Which composition has the best flowability? Taking into account the grain size distribution, chemical products, fill, and blend. This in order to optimize formulations or blends.
- Are your manufacturing processes under control? Are they affected by the quality of the reagents, raw products or process conditions?
- Are the flow properties of your granular materials, powders and nanopowders fluctuating over time? Since they are depend on storage and handling conditions, temperature and moisture.